From the Oklahoma State Department of Health press release:
“The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) and the Cleveland County Health Department are investigating a confirmed case of measles in Norman located in Cleveland County. This is the first confirmed case in Oklahoma since 2015.
Measles was identified in a person who had returned to Oklahoma after international travel. Measles is a highly contagious respiratory disease and spreads through the air when an infected person coughs or sneezes. The virus may remain airborne up to 2 hours in a room after the person with measles has left an indoor area.
Based on collected information about the measles case during the time they were contagious, public health officials want to alert anyone who visited the following locations in Norman during the specified times about potential exposure to the measles virus:
- Norman Pediatrics (808 Wall Street, Norman, OK) during the following dates and times:
- Friday, February 2 from 9:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 6 from 11:15 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Chuck E Cheese’s (2201 Interstate Drive, Norman, OK) on Saturday, February 3 from 12:45 – 3:30 p.m.
- Norman Regional HealthPlex (3300 HealthPlex Parkway, Norman, OK) on Tuesday, February 6 from 12:25 – 3:30 p.m. The specific areas include outpatient registration, emergency room waiting, and laboratory collection services.”